tamale caliente

Default Why I like soy milk

BlueHeron wrote:

> Which is pretty funny, considering that at least in Canada, "natural"
> flavour is simply soybean and water, which, imho is perfectly natural.

What's natural about hydrolyzing soy beans to make them taste like "natural
flavour"? Soy beans are pretty bland on their own which is why most people are
put off by them. It's all the fidgeting around with them in kitchens and labs
that makes them taste "meaty."

> Certainly more so than the stuff that goes into cow milk these days
> (milk, preservatives, vitamins, stabilizers, etc).

What preservatives and stabilizers are added to cow's milk?

> http://www.sonice.ca/English/beverages_natural.html
>
> Before you go calling people ignorant, you should at least know what you
> are talking about.

He does know what he's talking about.

> Now if the discussion was about "plain", "original", vanilla, chocolate
> or any other flavour, then you would be right. They start joining the
> "drink" group and seriously start moving away from the 100% natural group

There's nothing "natural" about soy milk. It's an alternative -- a substitute --
which mimics a natural food. Review the thread for past threads dealing with
inquiries about which soy milks, rice milks, nut milks, etc., taste *just*
*like* milk. While you're at it, look for recipes and product endorsements for
meat substitutes. Why do people vegans make and buy products that taste just
like "dead flesh" if "dead flesh" is so off-putting to vegans?