Melba's Jammin'

Default Funeral Food - Part Duh - some suggestions

In article >, Dog3
> wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' > deliciously posted in
> :
>
> > If it is your custom and habit to bring vittles to the home of the
> > bereaved, do your level best to bring it in non-returnable
> > containers.
> >
> > There are a number of inexpensive options in supermarkets these
> > days for disposable containers

> Now this was good advice. Some of the disposable items need special
> cooking advice too. Maybe taped on the bottom or top.

I forgot to mention that if things are packaged in those cheap foil
pans, they can be presented all covered up with heavy foil with a note
attached with instructions to freeze, then thawing and baking
instructions.

>I think the Glad brand has to be on a baking sheet with the lid off.
>God Barb, how do you come up with all this good advice?

Let's see now. . . . . I've buried my dad (when I was six -- okay, so I
didn't cook then), my mom, a sister and part of her family (3 dead), a
brother, five brothers-in-law (glad to see one SOB go -- I was softly
singing "Happy Trails to You" during his service), two really good
friends, a high school classmate, four neighbors, parents of three
neighbors, and four long-time family friends. I got experience! "-)
--
-Barb (www.jamlady.eboard.com updated 10-16-03; check the PickleHats tab, too.)