Immortalist

Default More on the Philosophy of Chickens Crossing Roads

"aka 717" > wrote in message news:UyVrc.7560$Sx2.1441@okepread01...

> metaphor police: He who casts the first stone shouldn't
> live in a glass house. Someone might see him
> throw the stone. Hopefully he doesn't throw
> eggs. And if his eggo allows him to, he might
> be able to cross the road without getting any
> half-baked ideas or as Shakespeare's omlet
> might have said, "Don't eggsagerate".Things
> can be tough or maybe just not overly easy.

sounds like
http://images.google.com/images?q=etiquette

A man is crawling through the Sahara desert when he is approached by another man
riding on a camel. As the rider approaches, the crawling man whispers through his
parched lips, "Water ... please ... can you give ... water ..."

"I'm sorry," replies the man on the camel, "I don't have any water with me. But
I'd be delighted to sell you a necktie."

"Necktie?" whispers the man. "I need water!"

"They're only four dollars apiece."

"I need water."

"Okay, okay, two for seven dollars."

"Please! I need water!" the man exclaims.

"I don't have any water, all I have are ties," replies the salesman, as he heads
off into the distance.

By now the man has lost all track of time, crawling through the desert seemingly
for days. Finally, nearly dead, with clothes tattered and skin peeling under the
relentless sun, he comes upon a restaurant. Summoning his last bit of strength,
he staggers to the door and confronts the head waiter.

"Water ... can I get ... water," the dying man pleads.

"I'm sorry, sir. Neckties required," replies the waiter.