Posted to rec.food.cooking
notbob notbob is offline

Default frozen pie comparisons

On 2008-07-29, TammyM > wrote:

> I love pie baking and am good at it so I never buy frozen.

I knew I shoulda come to visit you before I moved.

> California. I've had their coconut cream pie within recent memory and I
> thought it was divine.

My "within recent memory" recalls some great pies, too. My "last time I was
ripped off" memory is quite different. My fave pie, the Caramel Pecan Silk
Supreme went from a fantastic pie of bountiful layers of pecans and caramel
and cream cheese to mere whispered patinas of flavor topped with mountains of
grease-whip, not even good enough to finish. Yes, I tossed it!

nb