Posted to alt.food.sushi
Musashi[_2_] Musashi[_2_] is offline

Default Hamachi kama

"Wilson" > wrote in message
>I was just talking to my sister who had a chance lately to try Hamachi kama
>and she highly recommends it as her new favorite 'not to miss' item when
>she dines out. I had to search around to find its Japanese name from her
>description.
>
> Any comments.
> --

In the Japanese grocery store where I go, whenver a new shipment of Hamachi
comes in I can tell because
of the Hamachi sashimi packs all laid out. Sometimes I'll go right to the
section where they sell the head and
bones at reduced prices and grab a Hamachi no Kama (hamachi collar). Salted,
grilled with lemon it's
extremely simple to prepare and tasty. If also find that if Hamachi is not
available, Salmon collars done the same way
is also very good.

Musashi