Posted to rec.food.cooking
Giusi[_2_] Giusi[_2_] is offline

Default Can't afford to buy meat

"Nexis" > ha scritto nel messaggio

> "Billy" <Hereiam@hotmaildotcom> wrote in message at argument is
> ridiculous, and doesn't even fit this particular discussion. The United
> States has plenty of problems and if you don't see that, you are either
> willfully ignorant or just plain blind. Either way, you are a part of the
> problem. Prentending everything is hunky-dory when it isn't is not just
> denial, it's dangerous. It is EXACTLY that mindset that has allowed the
> government to wreak havoc on this country, our liberties, and our lives.
> Loving my country does not mean I have to live in a fog where I pretend
> it's all rainbows and sunshine. And it does not mean I have to love my
> government...in fact, I am allowed to dislike them and state so freely by
> virtue of living here. Many people fought and died so we would have that
> right, so why would you be so willing to toss it away?
>
> Standing by complacent and idle while corrupt officials destroy what this
> country was founded on certainly doesn't make you a patriot.
>
> kimberly

I am aware of two different and dangerous attitudes. Criticize even
obliquely the USA and some will pop up and say something about people dying
to get in. They blame social ills on laziness or criminality, as if people
are born like that. They will focus on what they can see-- she's fat she
must be a lazy welfare whore.
Instead of seeing that if these things are happening and worsening there
must be something wrong with the society and intelligent people should think
about what one could do about that, they merely suggest jettisoning the
problem person.
A very large number of Americans will not admit anything is wrong, and yet
life in America had deteriorated severely in recent years.
In another country I know well, when things like this are pointed out, the
citizens will admit that that's terrible, it's been a problem for decades or
even centuries and is just disgraceful! And then do nothing about it.

Net result seems equal and it's just taking longer to ruin here than there.