Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nexis Nexis is offline

Default Can't afford to buy meat

"Sheldon" > wrote in message
"Nexis" wrote:
> "Billy" <Hereiam@hotmaildotcom> wrote in message

> > On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 07:44:28 GMT, Orlando Enrique Fiol
> > > wrote:

> >>Yeah! Whose bright idea was it to build projects in areas where their
> >>inhabitants would have to afford cars just to get to work?

>> > If the United States of America is such a MISERABLE place to live and
>> > exist, why do so many want to live her. ? ? ? You make India sound
>> > like Xanadu! ? ? By the way, it isn't.

>> That argument is ridiculous, and doesn't even fit this particular
>> discussion. The United States has plenty of problems and if you don't see
>> that, you are either willfully ignorant or just plain blind. Either way,
>> you
>> are a part of the problem. Prentending everything is hunky-dory when it
>> isn't is not just denial, it's dangerous. It is EXACTLY that mindset that
>> has allowed the government to wreak havoc on this country, our liberties,
>> and our lives. Loving my country does not mean I have to live in a fog
>> where
>> I pretend it's all rainbows and sunshine. And it does not mean I have to
>> love my government...in fact, I am allowed to dislike them and state so
>> freely by virtue of living here. Many people fought and died so we would
>> have that right, so why would you be so willing to toss it away?
>>
>> Standing by complacent and idle while corrupt officials destroy what this
> >country was founded on certainly doesn't make you a patriot.
>>
>> kimberly

>He's not saying the US is perfect, there is no perfect. All he's
>saying is that of all the places available more people who are
>escaping oppression choose the US first, in fact since its inception
>they always have... the oppressed fleeing to America is hardly a
>recent phenomena.

And the person he responded to with the sarcastic comments was not saying
that the US was miserable, which was my point. The argument "Oh if it's so
MISERABLE, why do you want to live here?" is tired and old and ridiculous.
Recognizing the reality of something is not the same as saying it is
miserable.

kimberly