Posted to rec.food.cooking
amandaF amandaF is offline

Default Can't afford to buy meat

On Jul 26, 5:00 am, "Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote:
> "Andy" <q> wrote in message
>
> > India's gotta learn to eat more of those cows. Not just wait for them to
> > die
> > of exhausting worship!

> > Andy

> Watched a show about India a while back. If you own a couple of cows, you
> are in good fiscal shape. They provide milk, they provide fuel and building
> material in the form of dung. They make rather good use of the available
> resources.

Isn't it interesting that only with industrial revolution (and
westerners leading in that arena), there has been so much wasteful
activities in the name of competitive business. India has too big a
population and so even with all the economic development, there will
always be poor people but that is nothing new in a country with a old
civilization. I bet there was a period in their ancients days where
no one starved. In fact, reading Indus valley civilization, there
were statement that there was no trace of warfare. May be there
wasn't big weapon back then until the gun powder was invented. Come
to think of it, the Chinese invented the gun powder but it was the
west who used it large scale. Not trying to attack western culture; ma
be the sneaky Chinese did not have the need to use it as they know how
to swallow all their neighbor some other ways. Having said that, I
hope people are aware that most Southeast Asians theses days have some
Chinese blood. But the, the ancestors of these SE Asains were driven
out to SE Asia by the Chinese anyway. I mean there were cousisns to
begin with. But then everyone in the whole world is related anyway.
http://www.bradshawfoundation.com/journey/