Gabby

Default Funeral Food - Part Duh - some suggestions

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
(snipped practical advice)
All very good suggestions. One thoughtful soul sent tea bags, sugar,
disposable plates and cups when Mom died. It meant we had to spend less
time at the sink and despite being very ecology minded I welcomed them.

A cousin brought a 40 ouncer of Canadian Club, mix and plastic glasses. It
also came in handy -- but at the next wake I hope someone delivers
Guinness. ;o)

> Don't ask for first dibs on his power tools. Don't ask if she plans to
> stay in their home. Don't ask for a piece of her jewelry. (Don't
> laugh. You wouldn't believe some of the outrageous things people will
> "inquire about" -- wanna be first in line, y'know.)

At the funeral home when my husband's mom died, someone approached us to ask
about renting/buying her house.

Gabby