Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] ranck@vt.edu is offline

Default Cr??me br??l??e with Chocolate Truffle & Chocolate Sauce: Advice Please!

Chef Adrien > wrote:

> Here's what I'm envisioning: Cr??me br??l??e that is made the regular
> way, but somehow top it with a layer of chocolate, then chill it.
> When I remove the cr??me from the ramekin I'd then flip it, so that the
> chocolate is now sitting on the bottom of the custard. Then of course
> I'd torch the sugar on top, top with a single chocolate truffle, and
> perhaps spoon a chocolate sauce of some sort around the custard on the
> plate.

Sounds like a lot of work to ruin creme brulee. The genius of creme
brulee is its simplicity. Just my opinion, of course.

I would serve a simple creme brulee in the ramekin with a truffle
on the side.

> And my second question: what sort of chocolate sauce do you think
> would work nicely spooned around the perimeter of the dish?

If you must, a basic ganache made on the thin side would be the
way to go, I think.

Bill Ranck
Blacksburg, Va.