Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Decline of catfish farming

"Jean B." wrote:

> >> If our schools weren't failing hopelessly, perhaps these so called
> >> environmentalists would have the critical thinking and scientific skills
> >> to realize the error of so much of what they push.

> Maybe someone here can figure this out.... If the addition of
> ethanol to our fuel tanks means our vehicles get fewer MPG, and we
> need to refill more frequently, what are we gaining?

Superficially, lower emissions, if you ignore the pollution generated on
the supply side.

> It seems to
> me that the numbers are not what we are led to believe. And that
> doesn't even get into the corn being used for something other than
> food and the ramifications of that.

Bingo! The initial environmentalist proponents of ethanol looked no
further than tailpipe emissions which are lower than gasoline. Those who
looked further upstream saw all the other issues of supply side
emissions and of course the impact to food / feed prices and the cascade
impact of that.