Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
DogMa DogMa is offline

Default Kombucha tea

Warren wrote:
> Well, honestly it's anecdotal. People have been drinking and eating
> kefir, yoghurt, kombucha, tea, cheese, etc for millennia with no adverse
> affects...

Except that they're all dead, except for a very small minority with a
few decades left.

Hey - I'm a big fan of fermented foods - and why hasn't surstromming
been mentioned? I just object to blanket assumption of safety because
things have a cultural legacy or are "natural" - whatever that means. A
significant fraction of the world's population will have their lives
shortened by eating meat, peanuts, eggs, etc. - some from intrinsic
issues like cholesterol, and others from molds and bacteria. We're all
gonna go sometime; might as well enjoy the ride w/o needless superstition.

-DM (throwing unrefined sea salt over left shoulder)