Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Dominic T. Dominic T. is offline

Default Kombucha tea

On Jul 15, 3:39*am, Nigel > wrote:
> > *Anything that requires me
> > to grow a potentially harmful fungus/bacteria in a non-lab setting
> > involving a large pickle jar and a tea towel is not for me. Waaaaay
> > too many variables and downsides for a potentially small upside. But
> > that's just me.

> Does that inate wariness also exclude enjoying pu erh tea, Roquefort
> cheese, salami, gravad lax, sour dough bread, and home brewed beer?
>
> Nigel at Teacraft

Touche! But I don't really try to home-produce salamis, Roqueforts,
Puerhs, sour dough, gravad lax, or beer. (That list just made me
really hungry and the whole list fit well together so now I'm craving
quite the lunch) I would try beer though as that one seems the least
likely for death or illness and fairly high tolerances since alcohol
kills a lot of bad things. Sour Dough from scratch scares me almost as
much as Kombucha from scratch. My Grandfather used to make yogurt, but
that is also one I'd rather safely buy.

- Dominic