Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Dominic T. Dominic T. is offline

Default Kombucha tea

On Jul 13, 2:07 am, wrote:
> If anyone has a comment about making kombucha tea or use of tea to
> dissolve kidney stones, I would be interested to read it. bookburn

Welp, I broke out my copy of Back to Eden to see what it said about
kidney stones just for you so here goes (and it was actually cool that
by total chance it offers a tea) I'm going to paraphrase to shorten it
a bit:

Prevention: high intake of fluids. 2-4 quarts a day. Kidney stones are
made up of calcium oxalate eat a diet low in them, avoid items high in
oxelates such as: spinach, parsley, beets, beet greens, swiss chard,
asparagus, okra, collards, celery, leeks, and sweet potatoes. berries,
highest of all fruits is rhubarb. almonds, cashews, peanuts and peanut
butter. Ovaltine and cocoa as should dark tea, coffee, and dark colas.

Once formed: A tea made of wild carrot seeds, valerian, and pepermint.
mix together and use a teaspoon to a cup of boiling water, steep for
30 mins. Take one half cupful every hour until pain is relieved. Queen
of the meadow, peach leaves, or cleavers may also be used.

Also for pain a hot bath (100f and increased up to 112) while keeping
head and neck cool with a sponge. Standing up and sponging down if
getting weak then back in to tub. He also mentions hot compresses on
the back in the kidney region for pain.

Now my usual disclaimer. I am not a true adherent to this type of
thing. I find a lot of old remedies have a lot of merit and natural
cures are sometimes better than medicines or good in conjunction with.
I find it more academically interesting than a life choice personally.

- Dominic