Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Dominic T. Dominic T. is offline

Default Kombucha tea

On Jul 13, 2:07 am, wrote:
> I followed up a reference on drinking tea to dissolve kidney stones
> and came to the following about kombucha.
>
> (quote)
> This 2000 year old tea is made using a extraordinary mushroom* that is
> placed into a batch of regular sugary tea. The tea then begins to
> ferment and in about 7 days it is ready to drink. During that same 7
> day period a second mushroom grows within the tea, this new mushroom
> is used to make your next batch of tea. Each time you make a batch of
> tea a new mushroom is produced. Because of this quick reproductive
> cycle of the Kombucha you can make an endless supply of this
> incredible tea for FREE !
> (unquote)
>
> If anyone has a comment about making kombucha tea or use of tea to
> dissolve kidney stones, I would be interested to read it. bookburn

I really enjoy kombucha, but I neither make it nor really believe in
any miracles teas. I mostly buy it already made in a bottle (Kombucha
Wonder Drink) from health food stores/whole foods. It is slightly
"prickly" on the tongue like carbonation and also slightly vinegary. A
great invaluable resource to me on natural cures/herbs/etc. is a book
called "Back to Eden" by Kloss it has info for any type of malady such
as kidney stones. I like it because most of what it offers are very
primitive and proven time-tested "cures."

You can buy a starter culture for Kombucha online though, and it can
be tasty so it might be worth tackling. I will say though that many
claims of healing are made about it beyond kidney stones. I'm sure it
is healthful and good for you overall no matter what. It is labor
intensive to make though to some extent. Good Luck!

- Dominic