Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default How does a DM survive the hospital?

W. Baker wrote:

> Good luck with these issues. Could you try for a Kosher menu? It might
> give you some written choices.

Evidently his white count went down enough for them to let him out this
morning. They gave him an RX for Keflex. I've got him home now where he
can take care of himself (with any help he needs from me).

Wendy, I doubt that there are more than 5 people in the entire Lower Rio
Grande Valley who keep kosher. I, personally, only know of one and he
eats vegetarian unless they go up to Houston and bring home meat. That's
an 11 hour round trip, not counting shopping time. I'm quite certain
that the local hospitals do not have kosher meals.

If he ever has to go in again, I'll make sure we have everything
straight on the doctor's orders prior to admission. I'll bring the
glucometer, too.

thanks all for your good thoughts. It really helped.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation