Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Good focaccia bread recipie for use with pizza stone?

Dirty Harry wrote:

> Ok, trying to find a good recipe for focaccia bread to test out my new pizza
> stone. Online I'm finding a ton of difference recipes. Any advice on what
> to look for? One recipe I saw they dumped 6 tables spoons of oil on it! >>
> http://video.about.com/breadbaking/R...ccia-Bread.htm and baked it
> in a pan. It looks pretty heavy when it comes out, I'd prefer crispy on the
> outside and light on the inside. Thanks for any help.
> Cheers
> PS I'm hoping to get this going tonight :-D

One note since you mentioned "new pizza stone" - Be sure to run your
oven full bore, like 500-550F and give it an extra 15 min or so of
preheat after the stove indicates it's at temp, since the stone still
isn't at that point.

I've known a lot of folks who got pizza stones and then stopped using
them. When I asked them why they always said it didn't seem to help
anything at which point I'd ask the oven temp and get some lame answer
like 375F. Every single one who got the stone back out and tried it at
500F+ like I told them was suitably amazed at the difference and
continues to use it.