Posted to rec.food.cooking
cybercat cybercat is offline

Default Krispy Kreme surprise

"Becca" > wrote in message
> cybercat wrote:
>> "The UnInmate" > wrote >
>>> I reached adulthood before "malling" became a word, but it was still fun
>>> to wander around the big indoor malls. Now they are passe' and it's
>>> really a shame. The smalltown
>>> walk-down-the-main-street-full-of-small-stores thing is a tourist
>>> experience these days.

>> We disagree there. Malls just suck all the life out of me.

> It looks like I was born without the shopping gene, maybe you too?

Yes indeed. But I love getting good values, and so I have to spend time
doing it.
My reconnoissance mission revealed that the sales were outstandingly good,
so
I had to go back. We're talking Jones New York items marked from $65 to
$12. Cheaper on lesser known brands. Entire summer outfits for friends and
sisters and
their kids for less than a good bottle of wine. So I had a good breakfast
loaded up on b vitamins, finished my coffee and sucked it up. It is
incredible the
great stuff I got. I HAD to spend money, there was no way around it. Prices
like
that make it a moral imperative. (After years of being squeezed by retail
having
sales that were not really sales, it felt GREAT to get quality stuff at dirt
cheap
prices.