Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_3_] sf[_3_] is offline

Default Good focaccia bread recipie for use with pizza stone?

On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 22:45:36 GMT, "Dirty Harry" >
wrote:

>Ok, trying to find a good recipe for focaccia bread to test out my new pizza
>stone. Online I'm finding a ton of difference recipes. Any advice on what
>to look for? One recipe I saw they dumped 6 tables spoons of oil on it! >>
>http://video.about.com/breadbaking/R...ccia-Bread.htm and baked it
>in a pan. It looks pretty heavy when it comes out, I'd prefer crispy on the
>outside and light on the inside. Thanks for any help.
>Cheers
>PS I'm hoping to get this going tonight :-D

I don't measure oil, so I put in more than most recipes call for. The
thing I found is not to let it rise more than once because it becomes
too poofy and "bready" for me. If you want a crisp outside, oil the
crust and bake on high heat. It goes quickly.

Mae West