usual suspect

Default am i vegan?

Vaine wrote:

> I started becoming a vegan aboot 2-3 monthes ago, I changed my diet, and
> became more aware aboot the enviroment around me. Im becoming involved with
> animal rights group, but after my friends had found out wat i started doin
> they researched it. I consider myself "vegan" but some of friends say im not
> because i wear a leather braclet with shells on it from kenya and leather
> sandals, both hold somewat of a sintemintal value, and both being gifts from
> my brothers.
>
> So, in u ppls opinion am i considered vegan or not?

Why worry about such labels? Do you really care what other people call or think
of you? As for wearing leather, I consider any gift -- food, clothing, etc. --
sacred. The love of your brothers encourages the sentimental value you give your
bracelet and sandals. That love should outweigh any consideration for what
ninnies think of you. Blood is thicker than water. Names and descriptions
change. If others won't let you be "vegan" just because you enjoy gifts from
people who love you (and whom you love), then don't worry about being part of
the bandwagon. Be yourself.