Default am i vegan?

On Tue, 04 May 2004 22:35:08 GMT, "katie" > wrote:

>"Vaine" > wrote in message
.com...
>> I started becoming a vegan aboot 2-3 monthes ago, I changed my diet, and
>> became more aware aboot the enviroment around me. Im becoming involved

>with
>> animal rights group, but after my friends had found out wat i started doin
>> they researched it. I consider myself "vegan" but some of friends say im

>not
>> because i wear a leather braclet with shells on it from kenya and leather
>> sandals, both hold somewat of a sintemintal value, and both being gifts

>from
>> my brothers.
>>
>> So, in u ppls opinion am i considered vegan or not?
>>

>lots of vegans still wear leather that they had before they went vegan, and
>some feel comfortable wearing second-hand leather as well. they just don't
>buy new leather,

You'd do just as well either way....the cows are long dead in either case,
and being a vegan does absolutely nothing to help cattle, or provide them
with longer or better lives. If people want to do something to contribute to
better lives for farm animals they need to be more consceintious consumers
of animal products, not vegan. Vegans don't help farm animals any more
than dead people do.