Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gloria P Gloria P is offline

Default Krispy Kreme surprise

One of the first Krispy Kreme (doughnut) shops opened a few miles away
from our house about two years ago. Imagine my surprise to see, driving
by about a year later that it was boarded over and had a "For sale or
lease" sign on the building. And I never even got the chance to sample
their wares! When it opened the lines of cars for the drive-up went
around the block and the parking lot was jammed for a while.

Evidently the mystique didn't last long or it was the wrong
location/demographic (in an area with loads of apartments and condos.)

Walmarts and Targets are still springing up all around, often just two
or three miles from an existing store which closes when the new one
opens, leaving an empty storefront. Ugh.

gloria p