usual suspect

Default Vitamin B12 (cholesterol)

the misguided and malnourished John Coleman wrote:
<...>
> dietary cholesterol is still harmful even though it may only elevate LDL
> slightly, it has a big pro-oxidative effect:

You don't have good comprehension, do you? It's also a goalpost move: you
claimed that eating food high in cholesterol increased serum cholesterol. The
study you cite below started with people with moderaltely elevated LDL and they
consumed double the recommended allowance of cholesterol. Oxidation was highest
(TWICE as high) in the corn oil-fed group as in the beef tallow group.

> http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2000/000404.htm

<...>

Now what was your point in relation to what I originally wrote, dummy? Let me
refresh your memory:
Serum cholesterol is marginally affected by dietary cholesterol;
seafood, especially oily cold-water fish, are high in cholesterol and
help elevate HDL (good cholesterol) which in turn helps lower LDL (bad
cholesterol). Consumption of saturated fats (from both plant and animal
sources) is linked to elevated serum cholesterol levels.

From a page on cholesterol management:
There are three kinds of fats in foods: saturated, polyunsaturated and
monounsaturated fats. Only saturated fatty acids can raise your blood
cholesterol.
http://www.mssm.edu/cvi/cholesterol.shtml

Fish, an important source of the polyunsaturated fat known as omega-3,
has received much attention in the past for its potential to lower heart
disease risk. And there have been some studies to back this up, although not
all have shown consistent benefits. One recent large trial, however, found that
by getting 1 gram per day of omega-3 fatty acids over a 3.5
year period, patients who had previous suffered heart attacks could
lower their risk of dying from heart disease by 25 percent. (To get that
amount of omega-3 fatty acids would require the equivalent of 1 daily
serving of fatty fish, such as mackerel, salmon, sardines, or
swordfish.) Although more research is needed, adding fish to the diet
may help protect you from heart disease, and it doesn't have any known
risks. The American Heart Association currently recommends that everyone
eat at least two servings of fish a week.
http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/fats.html

BTW, that same 100g of raw wild salmon I mentioned in another post has:
Cholesterol Mg : 55.000

That's almost 20% of the USRDA for cholesterol. Wow.

See also:
http://www.ext.colostate.edu/pubs/foodnut/09319.html

And these two, just to **** you off:
http://www.ag.ohio-state.edu/~meatsc...anredmeat.html