Posted to rec.food.cooking
pixmaker pixmaker is offline

Default Adjusting appliance temps w/ no rheostat

For simplicity, I like the light-dimmer idea. It's true that, to a
light dimmer, a heating element looks like a group of lamp bulbs.
Therefore, it should work just fine.

At Home Depot, the largest, readily-available dimmer will handle about
a 600-Watt load. Although you didn't state what the wattage of the
device is, if the nameplate say 600 Watts or less, thad HD dimmer will
do the job!

I suggest that you buy a dimmer with a rotary control—not a slider.
The rotary control is easier to manage and remember (for example, it's
easy to change from two o'clock to four or five on the rotary
control—a little difficult on the slide control.

The HD clerk can tell you what you need once you explain your problem.
If you're confused, come back here and we'll help you.

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 09:26:10 -0700 (PDT), maxine in ri