Posted to alt.food.wine
cwdjrxyz cwdjrxyz is offline

Default FAQ for this group on web may ewquire new url soon

The FAQ for alt.food.wine now located at http://winefaq.hostexcellence.com
may require a new url soon. It likely will be something like
http://winefaq.MyDomain.Net. I will post here if and when this becomes
certain.

The reason is that the domain is now a third level one that uses the
host, in this case hostexcellence. However they are no longer
supporting new third level domains, but do support subdomains at no
extra charge. A subdomain will be based on one of my domains such as
cwdjr.net or cwdjr.info. I am likely to change to a more modern server
at hostexcellence soon to support more than I now have such as php 5
rather than php 4. Also monthly bandwidth is increased to 5000 GB at
no increase in charge with unlimited(within reason) disc storage
space. I have now backed up more than 2.5 GB from the server to my
computer and a DVD. Everything will have to be installed new on the
new server, but this should go fairly fast. I have a good FTP program
(Cute FTP Pro) that will automatically upload many whole directories
without attention. It reconnects when disconnected and uses two inputs
to the server at the same time, when the server is not too busy, so
two directories can be loaded at the same time. It takes a really bad
problem or long outage to make it give up.

If everything goes as planned, there will be little or no downtime as
the old control panel will not be turned off until about 2 weeks after
the conversion. If there ever are problems with the web site, just
search alt.food.wine for "alt.food.wine FAQ" for the text version
posted here about once a month by Mark Lipton. The mini FAQs posts
only refer to the web site for details.