usual suspect

Default Vitamin B12

http://www.healthandage.com/Home/gid2=1871

> Animal products contain cholesterol
> which is bad for humans

No, it isn't. Our own bodies produce cholesterol. Serum cholesterol is
marginally affected by dietary cholesterol; seafood, especially oily cold-water
fish, are high in cholesterol and help elevate HDL (good cholesterol) which in
turn helps lower LDL (bad cholesterol). Consumption of saturated fats (from both
plant and animal sources) is linked to elevated serum cholesterol levels.

> as we are metabolic herbivores.

Please support your own claim with evidence.

> Animal products are
> also inherently allergenic,

Ipse dixit. Please support your own claim with evidence.

> even in tiny amounts because they are "foreign"
> proteins.

No, they are not. The basic building block of proteins are amino acids. The
peptides (amino groups) found in meat are not "foreign" to our bodies. Our
physiology is sufficient to digest and make use of meat proteins.

>>veg-ns can have is that their diet is automatically "better" in

> nutritional
>>value (much less the ****ed up ethical notions they perpetrate) than

> another.
>
> true
>
>>in our culture, is an historical novelty. Our bodies, though, carry the

> wisdom
>>of natural selection. Our ancestors ate meat and dairy and eggs; they

> didn't
>>suffer iron, zinc, or B12 deficiencies at the rates found in vegans.

> Maybe true,

No, definitely true.

> but they did suffer from atherosclerosis and arthritis, and
> rarely live beyond 60.

Early diseases were far greater causes of death. People died earlier from
infections, diarrhea, cholera, etc., and cardiovascular diseases were far less
prevalent.

<...>