Posted to rec.food.cooking
notbob notbob is offline

Default M.F.K. Fisher's 100th Anniversary today!

On 2008-07-03, > wrote:

> M.F.K. Fisher, who would have turned 100 on Thursday, was one of the
> first food writers to untangle all that's bound up in eating: the
> pleasure, the sentiment, the anxiety.

Why would one want to untangle that (whatever the heck that means)?

> .....the fuzz
> skimmed from her grandmother's strawberry jam.

Geee-ross!! That's a memory I can do without. In fact, having experienced
hard times, I loathe such memories and can actually smell food mold at a
distance and will immediately toss any and everything I suspect might be
tainted. [shudder]

nb