Posted to alt.food.barbecue
[email protected][_2_] nailshooter41@aol.com[_2_] is offline

Default Coffee with Pulled Pork

I haven't used coffee on pork except for an old recipe I had for
coffee encrusted pork chops.

I'll admit it... I am a coffee fiend. I buy my own green beans and
hand roast them to the profile I like. I have three grinders to get
the exact grind I want.

I use coffee in all kinds of sauces to give some depth to the flavor,
but many time homemade barbecue sauce just screams for it to be added.

That being said, try adding fresh espresso grind coffee to your
brisket rub. Talk about great stuff... wow. You have to make the
exact amount of rub you will use as the coffee will spoil in about a
week or so after grinding to espresso size granules.

Just take your regular rub, and add it to the mix. My rule of thumb
is to use the same amount of coffee as I do black pepper. The coffee
really seems to help make a better bark as well.

Robert