Posted to alt.food.wine
Bi!! Bi!! is offline

Default Dinner Blackberry Farms

After a 7.5 hour Interstate 75 drive I opted for the tasting menu with
wine pairing since I didn't feel like working hard and perrusing a 100
page wine list which is listed on their website. The food was really
quite good:

We started with a glass of Laurent Perrier Brut with an amuse of
chilled cantelope soup. Nice brioche and apple sweetness that went
well with the soup.

Tennessee Padlefish Caviar on homemade potato chip with tradional
garnishes.

2002 Bodegas del Placidio de Fefinanes Albarino Rias Baixas-short,
clean, helped by the caviar to gain some weight. "B-"

Chilled seared foie gras with sour cherry glaze and sheeps milk yogurt

2005 Reichsrat Von Buhl Forster Jesuitengarten Riesling Spatlese Pflaz-
lot's of petrol on the nose. Nice off dry sweetness brilliant with
the foie and cherry glaze "B+"

Roasted Monkfish with Ratatouille

2006 Qupe Marsanne Santa Ynez -Not a good pairing the wine was very
lean and austere and no complimenting flavors were dicernable-I would
have preferred a chard. "C"

Laurel Creek Quail with truffle bread pudding stuffing and roasted
baby carrots.

2001 Tenuta di Nozzole "La Forra" Chianti Classico Riserva-The quail
was incredible. Really gamey and infused with the truffle it matched
well with the wine. Nice cherry and earthy flavors and a nice blanced
acidity. "A"

Buffalo Tenderloin with roasted mushroom and Foie Gras Jus, Saute of
Hen of the Woods mushrooms and Boston Butter lettuce.-This dish was
incredible!~

2001 Neyers Pato Vineyards Zinfandel-Contra Costa County-warm, rich
and jammy without being overbearing. A terrific match. "A"

Trefoil Cheese with blackberries

Glazed doughnut with warm mocha