Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young Nancy Young is offline

Default supper tonight

l, not -l wrote:
> On 28-Jun-2008, hahabogus > wrote:
>
>> I drained a qt of saurkraut added 1 can green chillies and mixed in
>> some cheddar cheese smokies...Baked at 325 for 50 minutes...Not bad.

> I had planned on gazpacho and a salad because its been so hot;
> however, things have cooled down a bit so I'll have leftover Sichuan
> Blistered String Bean wiith Pork I made earlier in the week. Made
> the gazpacho earlier today and it will be better for sittng overnight
> anyway.

Yesterday I was looking through the freezer for some pasta sauce
and came across a container of pork and pepper goulash I make
some time ago. I got the recipe from Jamie at Home on FoodNetwork.
It was very tasty over rice. I like finding an occasional surprise in the
freezer.

The reason I'd been looking for pasta sauce was that I accidentally
came across some Premio brand brasciole. I've never had brasciole.
I'm not even especially sure I'm spelling it correctly. I trust that
brand or I wouldn't have tried it. It was good! I browned it and then
simmered it in the sauce for a while. maybe I'll make it myself some
time.

nancy