Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Got favorite ribs?

Andy wrote:
> Janet Wilder said...
>
>> Andy wrote:
>>
>>> OH, Janet,
>>>
>>> I couldn't imagine to get that recipe right the first time. I'm going
>>> up against some of the Kansas City/Kalifornia family and friends.
>>>
>>> Thank you though, (saved).
>>>
>>> I'll probably be prohibited from going near the bbq-grill anyway, given
>>> my Kansas City bbq-grill reputation.
>>>
>>> <smootch>
>>>

>> Andy,
>>
>> DH and I have traveled all over North America and have sampled barbecue
>> in all its forms in all the famous and not-so-famous places. We both
>> feel that some of the best ribs in the USA can be tasted in Kansas City.
>>
>> Have a delicious trip.

> Janet,
>
> I was in Kansas City for #1 Bud's family's reunion and BBQ, end of May.
>
> I'm soon off to visit #1 Bud and family in Kalifornia over July 4th
> holiday.

Except for Chinatown and Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco, and maybe a
bistro in Napa, we have never been impressed with California's gustatory
offerings.

We're going to a pot luck where the host is supplying burgers and franks
and the guests are bringing the side dishes. I'm making baked beans. I
soak the dry beans overnight, then boil them up with good stuff then
stick them in the slow-cooker for a long, long time.

I'm also making pico de gallo. One of the other participants in the pot
luck had an anniversary party last weekend and I gave her a beautiful
chip and dip platter. She begged for my pico do gallo, so I'm on the
hook for some of that, too.

These things are usually BYOB, unless you want iced tea, so I'll mix up
some 'ritas, too. Should be fun.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation