Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Got favorite ribs?

Kate Connally wrote:

> I wait till spareribs are on sale really cheap
> and buy one of those big packages with about 3
> slabs in them. I cut them up in 2-rib sections
> and bag them by the slab and freeze them.

Kate,

I buy most of our meat at Sam's Club and they sell large cryovac
packages containing 3 full slabs of spare ribs. I cut each slab into 2
pieces (because they fit better in the vacuum bags) and freeze the two
halves in one bag. I smoke a whole rack in two pieces.

I think two rib sections would get very dry on a long, slow smoke. Do
you smoke your ribs? If so, how do you keep them from drying out?

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation