Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default When is a patty melt not a patty melt?

On Thu 26 Jun 2008 08:19:50p, Terry Pulliam Burd told us...

> On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 18:46:04 -0700, "The Ranger"
> > fired up random neurons and synapses to
> opine:
>
>>If I was asked "What type of cheese would you like on that?"
>>I'm pretty sure I would've immediately been looking to order
>>something else. If I'd been _served_ the monstrosity Koko was
>>(_Kraft AMERICAN_ cheese?), I'd've also sent it back and gone
>>elsewhere.

> Actually, Kraft makes two types of American cheese. One is "cheese
> food" (whateverinhell that is) and the other says "processed American
> cheese." One is a chemistry experiment, the other is not, AFAICS.
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

The Kraft American Cheese that is in *not* individually wrapped slices,
but is packaged in somewhat thicker slices is usually the "processed
American cheese". Nice cheese for what it is. Still not acceptable to me
in a patty melt. That *requires* Swiss cheese.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Thursday, 06(VI)/26(XXVI)/08(MMVIII)