Posted to rec.food.cooking
Serene Vannoy Serene Vannoy is offline

Default Speaking of the five-minute artisan bread book

Cuthbert Thistlethwaite wrote:

>> The book says not to worry about the rise before baking. It's got plenty
>> of oven spring.

> That's not what's happening. I've been using the recipe posted here a
> couple of weeks ago, and using an 8x4 glass loaf pan.

Are you pre-heating the pan? I'd recommend either a baking stone or a
metal pan, pre-heated. (Or pre-heating the glass pan, but that makes me
wonder if not-good things will happen when cold dough hits hot pan.)

Serene
--
"I think I have an umami receptor that has developed sentience." -- Stef