William Hershman

Default The Irrational Search for Micrograms of Animal Parts ( 8th Continent Soy-Milk Deception)

"Jonathan Ball" > wrote in message
hlink.net...
> William Hershman wrote:
> > "Jonathan Ball" > wrote in message
> > hlink.net...
> >
> >>...which will henceforth be shortened to either the
> >>Irrational Search, or the Search for Micrograms.
> >>

> > Most of Jonathan's parts are measured in micrograms.
> > Ha! gotcha JB.

> How ya been?

I've been fine, busy preparing for an actuarial exam in May. It's tough;
wish me luck.

> > You make a good point, but I think the decision to avoid animal products

has
> > already been made.

> If the wish to avoid animal parts were based on
> something rational, e.g. allergic reaction, I could see
> it. But don't you, Bill, think the Search for
> Micrograms is...well, just ****ing silly to the Nth degree?

For myself, yes I do think it's silly. I eat a mostly vegan diet because I
think it's the most healthy way for me to eat. I've tried other diets, and
found that this works best for me. But for someone avoiding animal
products for other reasons, no I don't think it's silly. I wouldn't think
it's silly for a Jew trying to keep Kosher to Search for Micrograms of Pig
products. Or Search for Micrograms of dairy products, since those aren't
permitted for a certain time after eating meat.
Would I make such a decision? NO. I haven't and I wouldn't. But is it
irrational to be zealous in trying to follow one's principles? (or is it
principals?) I think that's the question. I don't know the answers.
Anyone care to chime in on this?

> > This thread is just to help people follow that
> > decision, and whether it's a rational one or not is another

subject...one
> > which most would avoid debating with you.

> Why do you suppose that is?

I suppose they just don't care for you very much, and I find that hard to
believe. You're so charming, and likable.