Daniel Miller

Default 8th Continent Soy-Milk Deception

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 02:14:15 GMT, "Lorraine"
> wrote:

>I don't recall lanolin ever being listed as an ingredient. I could be
>wrong. However, the lanolin comes from vitamin D3, derived from wool fat.

Reflecting on it for a bit, I am not sure I ever read lanolin listed
there either, I could have got the information from the article you
quoted or a similar one.

Lanolin is an interesting question for vegans. It is a oily skin
secretion that gets on the wool as it grows and is separated from the
wool after the sheep is shorn. So it doesn't really hurt the sheep.
But it is an animal product. So what should vegans make of it?

This leaves aside the aesthetic question of drinking an oily sheep
skin secretion, which I personally find sort of repulsive.