Posted to alt.food.diabetic
jacquie[_2_] jacquie[_2_] is offline

Default Hot weather meals

You must have been in Phoenix, Yuma, or the Gila Bend area Tucson usually
stays about 104 to 106...sometimes it will go higher..like 110 or 115.
When someone says ,but it's a dry heat...my son says "so is a blow
torch..what's your point " I grew up in Tucson and all we had was a"Swamp
Box"...which is basically a drum fan that blows through wet filter pads and
the cooled air goes through the venting in the house...these work well in
May and June...but when the monsoons hit and the humidity goes up they don't
work well at all. In our last house we had both AC and Swamp boxes...the
swamp boxes really save on electricity, so we used then during the dry hot
months and used the AC during the monsoons. Here we only have AC.
. ..