Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ozgirl Ozgirl is offline

Default Hot weather meals

Nick Cramer wrote:
> "Ozgirl" > wrote:
>> Nick Cramer wrote:
>>> []Jun came home with a big box of Thai sticky
>>> rice with coconut milk. I love that stuff. She only gave me one
>>> teaspoonful! It's a conspiracy, I tell ya. Who phoned her?

>> Me

> Ahah! You were one of the usual suspects!

Of course Its like having more than one wife isn't it

> When the weather is really hot I keep things like cooked frittata
>> slices and bagged salads in the fridge. Can have the frittata cold or
>> reheated slightly in the microwave and the bagged salad just needs a
>> rinse in a colander and add whatever dressing. I also keep bagged dry
>> slaw and add a bit of ranch dressing. All easy to and quick to
>> prepare for hot days. I have no air conditioning. I keep hard boiled
>> eggs in the fridge also, ready peeled.

> Are your frittatas pre-filled or do you build them when it's time to
> eat? Salad would have to be built here and the 'fridge is so full
> that I usually just give up. My daughter often makes hard boiled
> eggs. I gotta snag some.

I make frittatas at night when cooking other things and cut it into slices
and freeze. Then it is ready for when it is hot or when I am tired or too
lazy to make breakfast The salads I usually make myself but when really
hot I buy pre-bagged stuff that just needs rinsing and dressing added, also
toss in a few grape or cherry tomatoes, no need to cut them Can add
olives and pre cubed fetta as well. Same with the dry slaw.