Default "vegans": willingly gullible fools, when it suits them

)
>Subject: Do seals have rights?
>

>Newsgroups: talk.politics.animals, alt.animals.felines,
>alt.animals.horses.breeding, rec.animals.wildlife, alt.philosophy
>Date: 2004-02-10 19:25:50 PST
>
><snip>
> · Vegans contribute to the deaths of animals by their use
>of wood and paper products, and roads and all types of
>buildings, and by their own diet just as everyone else does.
>What vegans try to avoid are products which provide life
>(and death) for farm animals, but even then they would have
>to avoid the following in order to be successful:
>
>Tires, Surgical sutures, Matches, Soaps, Photographic film,
>Cosmetics, Shaving cream, Paints, Candles, Crayon/Chalk,
>Toothpaste, Deodorants, Mouthwash, Paper, Upholstery,
>Floor waxes, Glass, Water Filters, Rubber, Fertilizer,
>Antifreeze, Ceramics, Insecticides, Insulation, Linoleum, Plastic,
>Textiles, Blood factors, Collagen, Heparin, Insulin,
>Pancreatin, Thrombin, Vasopressin, Vitamin B-12, Asphalt,
>auto and jet lubricants, outboard engine oil, high-performance
>greases, brake fluid, contact-lens care products, glues for paper and
>cardboard cartons, bookbinding glue, clarification of wines, Hemostats,
>sunscreens and sunblocks, dental floss, hairspray, inks, PVC,
>Explosives, Solvents, Industrial Oils, Industrial Lubricants,
>Stearic Acid, Biodegradable Detergents, Herbicides, Syringes,
>Gelatin Capsules, Bandage Strips, Combs and Toothbrushes,
>Emery Boards and Cloth, Adhesive Tape, Laminated Wood Products,
>Plywood and Paneling, Wallpaper and Wallpaper Paste, Cellophane
>Wrap and Tape, Adhesive Tape, Abrasives, Bone Charcoal for High
>Grade Steel, Steel Ball Bearings
>================
> C'mon, Dutch, you have been plaguing these veg*n ng's for years, and you
>have seen dh's crackpot claims for years,

So you don't think animals are killed in crop fields or that animal
by-products are used in manufacturing. On which planet do you
think things are like that? Oh yeah, Mercury, Venus, Mars..............

>and you know he has never even
>attempted to support his claims when challenged for years --

Here's something that *anyone* who really cared about
animals would have accepted years ago:
Animals give us much more than milk, steak, ham and leg of lamb.
For example, 99 percent of every cow is used, but less than half of
that is actually eaten as beef. By-products, or the non-meat products
that come from animals, are used to make an amazing variety of
medicines, foods, household and industrial products.

After meat, drugs and medicines are the major products that come
from beef and pork. Hogs alone provide 40 important drugs. Look
around your house: soap, paint, detergent, cosmetics, wallpaper,
glass and plastics -- all are made from animals. We even use
animal by-products in our cars: in tires, seat coverings, antifreeze
and oil.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/newsfo...yproduct1.html
but you don't care about animals enough to...well...even
think about them.
SO, WHEN IS A COW MORE THAN A COW?

Whenever we depend on its renewable resources
to be part of the world that helps us.

Beef by-products enable us to use 99% of every beef animal.
BEEF BY-PRODUCTS - THE NATURAL SOURCE

Beef by-products serve as source materials for other industries,
including pharmaceuticals, chemicals, and textiles.

We normally associate beef as being part of a satisfying meal.
However, because 99% of the beef animal is utilized, items
manufactured from beef by-products are all around us. Yogurt,
car tires, drywall and a variety of medicines all contain a beef
by-product.

The medical world relies on beef by-products for many life
saving or life improving medications and treatments. Our bodies
can easily accept a medication or treatment made with beef
by-products. Although some medical products and treatments
are made from synthetic ingredients, many are still made more
economically from beef cattle, thus helping to keep the cost of
our health care down.

Some frequently used medical products made from beef
by-products include trypsin (for cleansing wounds and ulcers),
corticotrophin (for treating allergies, arthritis and respiratory
diseases), iron (for treating anemia), thrombin (for blood
coagulation), and a huge range of other valuable
pharmaceutical products.

Beef by-products are also used in all sorts of mechanical items.
For example, chemical manufacturers use the fatty acids of
inedible beef fats and proteins for the production of lubricants
and fluids. From industrial cleaners and fertilizers to printing ink
and high gloss for magazines, many useful products are created
from beef cattle.

Automobile and bicycle tires contain stearic acid, which makes
the rubber hold its shape under continuous surface friction. Even
the asphalt on our roadways contains a binding agent derived
from the fat of beef cattle.

The creation of beef by-products is an important way for the beef
industry to reduce, reuse and recycle.

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/jross/beefprod.htm
see also:
http://www.telusplanet.net/public/jross/house.htm