Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_3_] sf[_3_] is offline

Default Friday Night Fish Dinner

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 03:06:43 -0400, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>Good question! Wish I had a good answer I'll be wanting some sort of
>nice smooth white cheese (alfredo) sauce as a base and it's not something I
>normally make.

I have a quickie version of alfredo, if it's where I hope it is - I'll
send it to you.

>I'll be going through some cookbooks, Googling, probably
>asking here. Of course I could always just buy a jar of the stuff on the
>spaghetti sauce aisle Then I figure I'll top it with chopped fresh
>spinach leaves, garlic and mozzarella or a blend of mozz and parmesan. Of
>course the combination of toppings are are endless. Could include sliced
>mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, slices of artichoke hearts or bottoms...

I would stop with spinach (well, garlic is always good)... after all,
it's a spinach pizza and there is cheese in the sauce already.

One question - have you ever ordered a pizza with spinach on it? I'm
wondering how watery the spinach gets.

Mae West