Posted to rec.food.cooking
kilikini kilikini is offline

Default Friday Night Fish Dinner

Bobo Bonobo® wrote:

> Tilapia--thankfully--is still pretty cheap. Now there's a cheap fish
> that I love. Unlike pollock, it maintains its structural integrity in
> the frying pan. Tastes better that pollock too.
> I like hoki as well, and that's also cheap.
>
> --Bryan

I still like my pollock, however. I like it *much* better, for my palate,
than tilapia (tilapia tastes like dirt to me) and pollock is considerably
cheaper as well. I can get 4 frozen pollock fillets for under $3 at my
local Sav-A-Lot. It *is* a delicate fish, though, you're absolutely spot on
about that; kind of tricky to turn in a skillet. Despite the flaws, I
always keep pollock and whiting in my freezer for emergencies.

kili