Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Friday Night Fish Dinner

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Sat 21 Jun 2008 12:06:43a, jmcquown told us...
>
>> sf wrote:
>>> On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 20:52:24 -0400, "jmcquown"

>>> I can always count on my pizza dough, sooo.... how would you make
>>> the spinach topping?

>> Good question! Wish I had a good answer I'll be wanting some
>> sort of nice smooth white cheese (alfredo) sauce as a base and it's
>> not something I normally make. I'll be going through some cookbooks,
>> Googling, probably asking here. Of course I could always just buy a
>> jar of the stuff on the spaghetti sauce aisle Then I figure I'll
>> top it with chopped fresh spinach leaves, garlic and mozzarella or a
>> blend of mozz and parmesan. Of course the combination of toppings
>> are are endless. Could include sliced mushrooms, sun-dried
>> tomatoes, slices of artichoke hearts or bottoms...
>>
>> Jill

> I know this isn't what you were served, but a couple of years ago we
> stumbled onto an obscure little pizza place near Florence, AZ and had
> excellent pizza. The owners had moved there from New York. Anyway,
> my favorite pizza there was a "butter pizza" where the buttered crust
> was covered with leaves of fresh spinach, thin slices of roma
> tomatoes, and sliced garlic, and there were sizeable "blobs" of fresh
> ricotta. It was delicious. There was just enough of everything.
> I'm not overly fond of overloaded pizza.

Your input is always welcome, Wayne! Yours sounds tasty, too. It's nice, I
hadn't thought of ricotta. And I agree about the topping overload. I like
to keep it simple (pizza isn't my favourite thing anyway). And forget about
thick crust or stuffed crust... if I want bread I'll eat bread. Order a
pizza, oh, would you like breadsticks with that? Um, no.

Jill