Posted to alt.food.barbecue
JimnGin JimnGin is offline

Default Coffee with Pulled Pork

No- I don't mean drinking coffee with pulled pork. I made pulled pork
(I'd abbreviate pulled pork, but pp just doesn't sound right!) I
rubbed it (See- "I rubbed my pp" just ain't right!) with a generous
amount of Penzey's Bicentennial rub, then slathered it with CYM, and
then rubbed it with a mixture of S&P, garlic powder, and finely ground
coffee. I have a high end grinder, and ground it to an almost powder
like consistency. The pulled pork was awesome- inside was, as usual,
not affected much by the rub. However, the bark was the best I've ever
had! The coffee gave it a great strong flavor, although it really
didn't taste like coffee. It was crisper than normal, but in no way
"crunchy" from the coffee, and tasted amazing! Has anyone tried using
coffee in their rubs- for pulled pork, or anything, for that matter?
If so, how did it turn out?