Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Further strange quantities

On Tue 17 Jun 2008 07:41:37p, Edwin Pawlowski told us...

> "George Shirley" > wrote in message
>> Look at commodities, used to buy sugar in five lb bags, now they're
>> four lbs.

> I'm curious where you live. Maybe it is a regional thing as I've never
> seen the 4 pound bags of sugar many of you talk about. I still buy 5 or
> 10 pound bags.

Both 4 and 5 pound bags, as well as 10 pound bags, are available in the
Phoenix area. It depends largely on the brand you buy. IIRC, most of the
4 pound bags are beet sugar, the other cane sugar.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Tuesday, 06(VI)/17(XVII)/08(MMVIII)