Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Fast Food Restaurants - Was Favorite Restaurant

On Tue 17 Jun 2008 07:28:27p, Ron told us...

> On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 10:12:19 -0400, "Virginia Tadrzynski"
> > wrote:
>
>>How many of you actually eat at fast food restaurants? I have gotten to
>>the point that if I stop at one in a pinch (blood sugar drops) to grab
>>something, I usually end up physically ill. The local ones around me
>>are McDonalds, Burger King and Wendy's, and not a one sits well on my
>>stomach. If I have to stop and eat something, I usually end up at the
>>WaWa (local convenience store) and get them to make me a hoagie - costs
>>less, tastes better, and doesn't make a nuisance of itself. Their
>>hoagies are vastly superior to Subway (also local)
>>-ginny
>>

> Sure, we eat at fast food restaurants occasionally. Within each brand
> name they are pretty much the same, but there are exceptions.
> sometimes you have to shop around to find out which ones have the
> better cooks. And that can change too depending on how often the kids
> there change jobs. If you are luck, the owner/manager will have a
> clue and train the new kids well. For our choices:
>
> Burgers - In-n-Out (Wendy's second choice)

Agreed

> Tacos - Taco bell (also their Mexican Pizza is pretty good)

Del Taco (same price range, but we like it better)
Baja Fresh (a notch above)

> Breakfast - McDonalds Egg Mc Muffin

McDonald's Bacon, Egg & Cheese Biscuit

> Subs - Quizno's (Subway second choice)

Quizno's hands down (we don't like subway)

> Chicken - El Pollo Loco (there is no second choice)

Agreed

> I would have put White Castle on the list, but having eaten original
> White Castle burgers (in the forties) when they came in boxes shaped
> like castles... the new White Castle burgers are a big disappointment.

I would still put White Castle on the list, depending on location. There
are non in Phoenix, but some of the stores in Cleveland are pretty good.
They still put them in little boxes, but not castle shaped.

No defunct, but liked better than White Castle was Royal Castle, and their
Birch Beer in frozen mugs

--
Wayne Boatwright
Tuesday, 06(VI)/17(XVII)/08(MMVIII)