Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Fast Food Restaurants - Was Favorite Restaurant

On Tue 17 Jun 2008 05:19:08p, Steve Pope told us...

> kilikini > wrote:
>
>>Tara wrote:

>>> On 17 Jun 2008 18:00:26 GMT, "Default User" >

>>> Popeye's has good red beans and rice and biscuits.

>>I forgot about Popeye's and Church's chicken, but I've never had either.

> Ages ago I heard that Church's chicken was better than the
> rest, so I tried it and was not impressed.

Steve, I think it depends largely on which particular store you go to.
There are quite a few Church's chicken places in the Phoenix area. I have
been to a couple thata were quite good, and they also had very good fried
okra. Likewise, I have also been to some that I wish I'd never seen. I'm
very critical of fried chicken, and for me to have enjoyed it is really
saying something. I've only been to Popeye's once and I liked the
spiciness. There aren't many around here.

Having been raised on real southern fried chicken, places like KFC turn out
nothing but garbage AFAIC.

> I don't do fast food except when on the road and it seems
> necessary; then, I try to select Subway because the
> vegan or vegetarian subs represent some level of non-unhealthful
> food.

I've never liked Subway, but I do like to go to Quizno's on occasion.

> I don't trust the vegetarian burgers at McDonalds, Burger King
> etc. if in North America but in Europe, these can be okay.

I don't trust anything at McDonald's or Burger King. Occasionally I will
stop at a Wendy's if there isn't something else around.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Tuesday, 06(VI)/17(XVII)/08(MMVIII)