Posted to rec.food.cooking
kilikini kilikini is offline

Default Fast Food Restaurants - Was Favorite Restaurant

Virginia Tadrzynski wrote:
> How many of you actually eat at fast food restaurants? I have gotten
> to the point that if I stop at one in a pinch (blood sugar drops) to
> grab something, I usually end up physically ill. The local ones
> around me are McDonalds, Burger King and Wendy's, and not a one sits
> well on my stomach. If I have to stop and eat something, I usually
> end up at the WaWa (local convenience store) and get them to make me
> a hoagie - costs less, tastes better, and doesn't make a nuisance of
> itself. Their hoagies are vastly superior to Subway (also local)
> -ginny

We have the typical Taco Bell, Dairy Queen, Wendy's, Burger King, KFC,
McD's, Sonic, What-A-burger, Arby's, A&W, Long John Silver's, and Hardee's -
all in our tiny town of about 15,000 residents. If you travel a little
outside of the area (20 minutes), you can find Checker's, Captain D's, and
Chick-fil-A. If I have to go to one of those fast-food dives in a pinch, I
prefer Hardee's, which is actually the closest to my house I think.

I'm with you, Ginny. Most of the food at those places bother my stomach
terribly, too, unless I get a salad, but dang! Those salads are pricey
these days! Of all the fast-food that we have here in town, I think Taco
Bell does me in the worst, followed by Long John Silver's, McD's and then
Burger King. (Heck, I had to try some of these places out because we didn't
have them on Maui and I was simply curious.)

We also have two Subways in town, but if I want a sub, I go to the Publix
Supermarket deli. It's about $.50 less than Subway and they use *so* much
more meat, cheese, and veggies. I get the foot-long because it's only $1.00
more than the 6" and I share it with my husband. It's not a quick lunch
solution, by any means, (take a number, stand in a winding line), but dang
they make an incredible sandwich!

kili