Happy Thoughts

Default Letters to the editor

LizH228 wrote:

> 1. We would have to clear billions of acres of land, rainforests, national
> parks, etc., to make room to grow crops.

Hmmmm...you'd think that the cattle and other animals currently being
raised for their flesh would consume much more of such crops! And that
once the land being used to support those animals becomes available for
crops, there'd even be a surplus.

<< much silliness from this letter to the editor--which, hopefully,
thinking people realized had many fallacies--snipped >>

> Human beings are omnivores, meaning we eat fruits, vegetables, nuts . . . and
> meat.

I'm always amused by this argument, particularly since the people making
it can rarely come up with a response to this question: Then how do you
explain the societies in our world, some dating back thousands of years,
that do not kill ANY animals for food, clothing, etc.? They're still
around, and they're definitely NOT omnivores. What's up with that?!

--

"Vegetarians save lives every day"
and other veggie items: