Dee Randall

Default "bread flour"

Big Imagination calling -- ring, ring!

Now, this is not ALL the time, but when I have bought some baked bread at
stores where I've paid $4-6 a loaf, I would describe the bread as
"lifeless." I have attributed that in the past to the quality of their
flour and have tried to buy good flour for my own baking.

Now I am using exclusively King Arthur, because I feel that is the best I
can find. I know that price is not always an indicator, but GM can be found
at half the price of KA in the same store (Well, I can't be precise in the
percentage difference, but I know it is a LOT of difference.) But I always
buy KA because I "buy" into their advertisement for their product, as well.

I have used GM for pizza's in the last couple of years (and, of course, it
can be my own lack of expertise) but I didn't use the whole bag because I
found it had that lifeless taste.

Big Imagination,
Dee

"barry" > wrote in message
et...
> > Yeah, big imagination. Try checking out difference in protein/gluten
> > levels. THAT is the real diff between bread flour and AP.
> > --
> > Alan
> >
> > "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and
> > avoid the people, you might better stay home."
> > --James Michener
> >

> Check out the Artisan site for a good discussion on flour.
>
> Also www.gmiflour.com for a complete description of all General Mills
> flours. Attached to each description is a specification sheet showing

what