Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Pope Steve Pope is offline

Default The Last Trip

Serene Vannoy > wrote:

>Dave Bugg wrote:

>> Well, my youngest son, Ethan, just finished his high school sophomore year.
>> As I've done with each of my kids when they've reached this age, I'll be
>> taking him on a two week road trip to an area of America that he has chosen
>> to visit.

>So sweet! Wish my parents had taken the time to spend one-on-one time
>with us kids the way you're doing. What a great gift.

Yes that's cool, and have a wonderful time.

My parents never (almost) took us on any vacations, but
their excuse was that as a military family we lived all
over the place anyway.

There was one exception, a train trip led by my mother
from California to Wyoming and back, visiting relatives
in Sheridan and Jackson. Other than that, I was unfamiliar
with the concept of recreational travel until I got
to college and found out that nearly everybody did it.

I will say in all my travel experience there is nothing better
than traveling about western North America. I was fortunate
to start doing it seriously by about age 20.

Steve